NEXT MEETING AGENDA
WVCTGA 2017 Summer Meeting
Wilkerson Christmas Tree Farm
Saturday, August 12th 2017
8am-9am: Registration (Refreshments will be served)
9am-9:15am: Welcome from the President (Arnie Spitzen)
9:15am-9:45am: History of the farm and community (Larry Wilkerson)
9:45am-10:45am: Sales & Normal Operations Talk and Demonstration
10:45am-11am: 15 minute break & several door prize drawings
11am-11:30am: News and Information from the Christmas Tree Promotion Board. (Jim Rockis – CTPB Board Member and fellow WVCTGA member)
11:30am-12pm: New information from Clements State Tree Nursery (Barry Cook – Director, WV Division of Forestry)
12pm-1:30pm: Lunch at Duval Volunteer Fire Dept. (Board meeting will take place during lunch)
1:30pm-2:30pm: Farm equipment demo – Tree auger, mist sprayer, tree coloring sprayer (Jeff Harper)
2:30pm-3:30pm: Dept. of Agriculture walkthrough of farm (Adam Champ – Plant Regulatory Officer)
- Lunch will be served at the Duval Volunteer Fire Dept. Community Center. The meal will be catered by Ridgeview BBQ. The menu will consist of pork BBQ or grilled chicken. Sides will include baked beans, loaded mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and potato salad. Drinks and dessert will be included. The price will be $15 per person
- We are already getting several VERY nice door prizes in from vendors. Some are over $100 in value.
- Pesticide Applicator and Forestry credits will be available at the meeting.
- If you have anything to trade or sell that is Christmas tree farming related, please bring them to the farm. You may have something that you no longer use, but would be valuable to someone else. Examples: mowers, shearing equipment, bailers, netting, planting equipment, etc.
- Fraser Knoll will be attending the summer meeting. If you want to place an order through them, they could deliver your order to the farm, which will cut out the price of shipping. Their phone number is 1-877-352-7355. Website is fraserknoll.com